The Healthy Eating Active Living Cities Campaign celebrates all municipal policies that make Oregon cities places where residents, employees and visitors can be physically active and have access to nutritious foods.
A HEAL City is a:
- livable city that both old and young are proud to call home.
- forward-looking city where businesses want to be.
- healthy and fair city where safe places to play, safe routes to school, and convenient options for nutritious food are all within reach of all of our children.
- welcoming city where built-in amenities like community gardens, farmers markets, bike paths, and walking trails bring the community together.
- concerned city that encourages its employees to eat better and move more.
Read more about the HEAL Cities Campaign here.