Fairview Business Resources Newsletter
March 19, 2021
Illustrations 1 and 2 by Doug Brown for the Oregon Worker Relief Fund
We expect to hear how the Federal American Rescue Act funds will be distributed in the coming weeks. As this federally funded economic stimulus package begins arriving at more state and local agencies’ doorsteps, expect to hear about more grants for small businesses. Below we’ve compiled a list of programs and resources for businesses and residents. We’re also sharing some good news right here in Fairview. Read on for more:
- We are hiring! We’ve posted two jobs on our new LinkedIn page! Follow us and find new positions. Read more in the new We Are Hiring section below.
- In the Community Grant Programs section, we are sharing a new program that provides free website development to Latinx business owners.
- In the State Funding section, we are announcing that the Business Oregon Commercial Rent Relief Program closes next week.
- Under the Community Support section in the Residents subsection toward the bottom of the newsletter. We have several additions:
- Find out how to get health insurance for less;
- Obtain a driver’s license, regardless of immigration status;
- Get help if you’re at risk of foreclosure; and
- Learn more about the moratorium on single family FHA-insured mortgages.
We Are Hiring
Know anyone looking for work? We are hiring an Engineering Manager and a Maintenance Worker II. We post jobs and news on our Facebook and Twitter pages. As of this week, we’ve also joined LinkedIn, so look for job postings there as well: https://www.linkedin.com/company/city-of-fairview-or. We expect to have more positions to post in the near future so follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to stay informed and to learn about job opportunities. Or check out the City’s jobs page.
Community Grant Programs
- NEW ADDITION TO THIS SECTION: The Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber is offering free website development and social media support to Latinx business owners. Email email@example.com to share your interest. Include your name, phone number, email address, the name of the business, the type of business it is, who the owners are, and what percentage of the business each owner owns. Three Fairview business owners have already signed up!